11 December 2015

(New Update) Factory race wheels of Datsun 120Y B210 LZ18



I had lamented earlier that the 14-inch slicks as fitted to my Datsun 120Y B210 LZ18 were no longer available. In fact I had checked and discovered that radial slicks in the vintage/historic era were only ever made for 13-inch and 15-inch wheels with the 14-inch versions strangely missing!

This got me confused until I discovered bias/cross-ply slicks. I then read that the wide 14-inch dia. cross-ply slicks were used in sidecar racing as an improvement on the 13-inch versions. These tyres also found use in gymkhana/auto cross/hill climb type races.

Today, Avon tyres make 14" Cross ply slicks that would suit my rims perfectly :-) ! Restoring that low-profile look in a 14-inch dia configuration. Hopefully use of these tyres will continue at a rate that makes it profitable for the manufacturers to find it worth their while.






















No comments:

Post a Comment